Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Being in the Moment

Lately I have been trying to encourage someone close to me to be
more 'in the moment' instead of replaying the past. Replaying the past
does not change it.

Perhaps that is why I like making objects. When successful they capture
your attention - in the present, for a moment of thought. This allows me
to share a moment, without even being there.

The present is where the past has gotten us to. We each decide where to
go to from there. Moment by moment. Object by object I build my future.

The reason I am a basically happy person is because the present is an unknown.
The past is a given, with sad and happy memories - I look forward, literally, to
the moments ahead! hmmmmmmmmm

1 comment:

  1. Hi Linda - just talked to Ed, up in Syd. New song, Diddly Do.

    1. i would say 'object by object i build my' present.
    2. i would say the the future is unknown, the past is gone, and i enjoy the present as fully as i can.
    3. Now is all there is, all there ever was, and all there ever shall be, eternally. Not so?

    My blog is rnb33.blogspot.com - new entry being tweaked as of now

    ReplyDelete