Thursday, September 10, 2009

Thoughts, thinking, directions

Still in the planning phase of a new series of powder and frit stencils - within sandcast glass.
Working on the complexity and image themes for my next series of sculptures.
I may go for a still life series hmmmmm there would be a drastic change, or a mix of abstract 'portraits' .

The idea behind the abstract portraits is to capture the mood or feeling of a person through a 'snapshot' of their eyes and nose - represented in an almost graffitti like style.

My recent ideas have been sparked by observing graffitti, and gorgeous stencil art in the streets of Melbourne. Contemporary in the constant press bouncing between the veneration and destruction of street art.

More to follow as I get my preliminary ideas recorded.

No comments:

Post a Comment